Simon

If you are using Query analyser you can change the maximum number of
characters that are returned.  If you go to query - current connection
options and then select the advanced tab you can change it from 256.  There
is a maximum (not sure what it  is).  I'm not sure how you do this using
"Return all rows"

Andrew Ewings
Project Manager
Thoughtbubble Ltd
http://www.thoughtbubble.net
United Kingdom
http://www.thoughtbubble.co.uk/
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7387 8890
New Zealand
http://www.thoughtbubble.co.nz/
Tel: +64 (0) 9 419 4235
intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). Any
views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of Thoughtbubble. This information may be
subject to legal, professional or other privilege and further distribution
of it is strictly prohibited without our authority. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are not authorised to disclose, copy, distribute, or
retain this message. Please notify us on +44 (0)207 387 8890.