Well, it's doesn't make any programmatic sense for a start.  They are static
providing a common layer of functionality, to put them into a scope other
than application or server (to a degree) just doesn't make any sense.

They can be very memory intensive so giving each "user" their own session
CFC which is identical to ever other users doesn't make any sense as it
would be needless consumption of memory space.

You also cannot use replication with them in session scope (this may have
been fixed in CF7/JRun updater, I know it was true before)

"This e-mail is from Reed Exhibitions (Gateway House, 28 The Quadrant,
Richmond, Surrey, TW9 1DN, United Kingdom), a division of Reed Business,
Registered in England, Number 678540.  It contains information which is
confidential and may also be privileged.  It is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s).  If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note
that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the
information in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have
received this communication in error please return it to the sender or call
our switchboard on +44 (0) 20 89107910.  The opinions expressed within this
communication are not necessarily those expressed by Reed Exhibitions."
Visit our website at http://www.reedexpo.com