It's looking pretty bleak - we can't store CFCs in session because they take
too much memory, and we can't instantiate per request because it takes too
much CPU.    Thank heavens for procedural programming. ;)

Seriously, though, I have high hopes of CF8 in this respect.  We have the
language features for OO, but trying to think OO with one eye on the
performance monitor is just a bit too schizoid for me.  Now it's up to Adobe
to tune the app server.  Failing that, you can always write your model in
Java.

Jaime Metcher