> And finally, Flex is a much better solution for applications than AJAX,
> which is a collection of band-aids applied to the sucking wound that is HTML
> interface development.

I think Flex is a better solution for developing desktop-like
applications that have a requirement of broadband service or will be
focused on internal networks (similar to client/server apps). For a
typical consumer-oriented website where you need to accommodate for a
variety of connection types and bandwidth requirements, Ajax is better
suited and provides excellent features for providing desktop-like
functionality.

Having worked extensively with the technologies used in building Web
2.0-style applications, I can tell you that they're far from band-aids
and that HTML still rules supreme for web application development.

Rey...