> I have some java code which I want to kick in from a coldfusion page
>
> e.g. <cfobject type="Java" class="IRMark" name="myObj">
>       <cfset ret=myObj.init("input.xml")
>
> It ought to be simple enough, pass the file name to the class
> and get the base64 number back.
> The Coldfusion documentation states:
> "Note: The init method is not a method of the object, but a
> ColdFusion identifier that calls the new function on the
> class constructor. So, if a Java object has an init method, a
> name conflict exists and you cannot call the object’s init method."
> and I suspect this is where my problem lies but my java is
> still basic. I would be very grateful if anyone could at
> least give me a few pointers to solve this problem. I have
> tried lots of things without any success.

Your class doesn't appear to have an init method of its own. The fact that
it's calling an init method in another class shouldn't matter, I think.

CF comes with a specific version of log4j, which may be conflicting with
yours.

What exactly is the error you get?

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/