> I think I've figured it.  I've got a proxy that my other boxes don't
> go through.
>
> Now why the hell can't CFMX respect the proxy settings on the machine?
> I can't have CFHTTP proxy attributes going up to my live box.
>
> Neil
>
> >> Can anyone think of a reason why when I CFHTTP it doesn't
> >> connect to external URL's when the sites work perfectly in a
> >> browser on the same machine?
> >>
> >> I am using WinXP / CFMX7 Dev Edition
> >
> >Personal firewall?
> >
> >Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
> >http://www.figleaf.com/
> >
> >Fig Leaf Software provides the highest caliber vendor-authorized
> >instruction at our training centers in Washington DC, Atlanta,
> >Chicago, Baltimore, Northern Virginia, or on-site at your location.
> >Visit http://training.figleaf.com/ for more information!
> >
> >This email has been processed by SmoothZap - www.smoothwall.
net

I did find this
page:http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_18602  which
tells me about the "unique" way proxies are handled by CF.

However, if you try it, you won't get anywhere due to the fact that the JVM
example has repeated typos in it (numbnuts).  What you want is:

-DproxySet=true -Dhttp.proxyHost=ip -Dhttp.proxyPort=port

So, after a while I seem to have this working.

Anyway...

Neil