A secure hash might be what the doctor ordered. CF could send a hashed version
of the "answer" then you could run js code to hash the users input before the
compare.

Here is one site that has some JS hash algorithms.

http://pajhome.org.uk/crypt/md5/

The only problem is you will need to analyze the JS code and create a CF
counterpart. It would take a bit of work on your part, but I think outside of
an Ajax solution it is your best bet.