From: Les Mizzell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 16 April 2007 16:50
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Client-side validation or Server-side Validation?

> Not exactly. What I mean is that I will let standard error messages
> through, like
> "invalid datatype" for an invalid date from the database driver, or
> "null values not allowed", etc...
> With client side validation, I will make some more user friendly phrase.

But what about, as already mentioned, somebody browsing with Javascript
turn off ( ... and there seems to be a good many of those folks)?

Look at something as simple as a *required* email address field. With
javascript off - you still need to be able to give them an error or kick
them back to the form to make them fill it out, right?