> I've got solutions that use only client-side validation, but
> it seems that the discussion everyone's having always comes
> back to needing server-side validation to backup client-side.
>
> Seems to me that it's a lot less work to just integrate the two.
>
> I mean, if I'm going to have to validate client-side whether
> or not a name is entered in a field, then turn around and
> validate the data using server-side CF, that seems to add
> *more* complexity to the code and the work of the server.
>
> Why not just do both at once?

If you're doing both at once, you're not really doing client-side
validation. Using AJAX for validation largely defeats the purpose of
client-side validation - avoiding unnecessary trips to the server.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/

This email has been processed by SmoothZap - www.smoothwall.net