From: Rick Faircloth [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 7:16 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Client-side validation or Server-side Validation?

An interesting side note to our recent JS discussion...

I went over to the Adobe/Macromedia store to look over the products and
noticed they were using JS, etc., to change their page content without
refreshing.

I decided to turn off active scripting to see what happened... and I got a
message stating that I couldn't see parts of the site and that JS was
required to view the site!

Seems like Macromedia has adopted the "Turn on Javascript or you can't use
our site" perspective and left those who refuse or can't use it out in the
cold.

I may do the same thing... how do they detect whether or not JS is available
on a browser and trigger the message that a visitor must have JS running?

Rick