> Hi everyone, I realize Adobe is pretty tight lipped about
> CF8, but does anyone have any info regarding how much CF8
> will take advantage of a dual core server, such as 'Dual Xeon
> Dual Core 3.0 Ghz (Dempsey 5050)'
> We're building a project proposal to move to CF8, but don't
> want to waste money on hardware we don't need, or can't use.
> I realize more power is always good, but we have limited
> funds for this project.

I imagine that CF 8 will take as much advantage of multiple processors
(physical or virtual) as CF 7, which takes advantage of them quite nicely.
More processors means more threads that you can run concurrently.
Alternatively, you could support more instances of CF if you're using the
multiserver functionality that Enterprise provides.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/

This email has been processed by SmoothZap - www.smoothwall.net