On 4/28/07, Robertson-Ravo, Neil (RX)
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Just what frameworks/methologies are people using, if any?

No specific named methodology. Frameworks? Model-Glue, Fusebox,
ColdSpring, Transfer.

> from research it seems
> people fleet between them etc which seems futile.

I think a few fairly high profile people have talked publicly about
using several frameworks. I don't think any real "research" would
should that "people fleet between them". Most people seem to settle on
a given set of frameworks and stick with them. Sure, there are always
going to be a few "switchers" but those really are the outliers in the
community. I know a lot of hardcore Fuseboxers using FB3, for example,
and also a lot of Model-Glue folks using MG1.x. You can hardly accuse
them of "fleeting" between frameworks!

> There must be one which
> is faster, more productive and which just seems "the best"?

Like Dave Watts I'll ask "why?"... different frameworks suit different
people and different projects. It's not a decision anyone can - or
should - make for you. I liked "Zaphod"s comment about the Accord -
very applicable here.

Ask this question on the FB forums and they'll probably tell you
Fusebox is the answer. Ask it on the MG forums and they'll tell you
Model-Glue. Ask it on the M2 forums and they'll tell you Mach II.

> Which one has the most backing?

Hard to say - they all have active communities and mailing lists.

> The most long-term vision and lifecycle?

Again, hard to say. Most of the frameworks' teams have an idea about
the next two or three releases.
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN

-- Margaret Atwood