> Regarding all the future of web development.  RIAs are nice.
> Personally, I'm into the request-response mode, with maybe a
> touch of AJAX.  We are wanting our students to begin using
> mobile phones to access our web sites.  Therefore, I can't
> rely on Flash-based forms in most cases.

Are you finding that you still need to customize your mobile interfaces
anyway? At a certain point, if you have to build multiple interfaces, you
might as well use RIAs for one, and simplified HTML for another. There are a
lot of HTML interfaces that just don't work well on a phone.

> Not knocking Flex and some of the other new technologies, but
> it seems like most companies that really push RIAs and Flash
> are those companies that stand to personally benefit from
> that technology.

That's what companies do.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/