You're kind of right Claude. Allowing *any* site to do that would
definitely be a HUGE security problem.

Something that I have seen and used was a SnapFish plugin which handles
multiple image uploads very effectively. It requires permission before
being installed as it runs as a desktop extension but it is very nice.

I think thats what Chris is looking for. A plugin of some sort that his
users can d/l which will handle the resizing prior to upload.

Rey