On 5/7/07, Casey Dougall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> How long would that take to commit these
> edits using SVN?

Right-click, Team > Commit > add (an optional) comment explaining what
the change does / fixes and click OK.

I can't imagine working on code without SVN.

> Can they be done with the client on the phone?

You randomly change code while the client's on the phone?!? You don't
make them log a change request / bug for changes? You don't quote them
for a change? Wow, so are so totally setting the wrong expectations -
you are devaluing us all. Sorry to be so harsh but you're acting like
a cowboy and that takes everyone's rates down.

> What happens
> when it's one of our older sites we haven't created a repository for?

Import it into SVN. It may take a while but you can do it overnight
and make the change the next day (think that's too slow - see above).
Or you can be proactive and just start importing old sites now.

cvsdude has great hosted plans for SVN and Trac - bug tracking is the
critical other side of source code control, in my opinion.

> I'd really be interested in how we can accomplish more version control but I
> really don't see the benefit on the small 5/10 page sites

Well, once it becomes the way you work, you soon realize that any
other way is sub-par. There really is no project too small for version
control.
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN

-- Margaret Atwood