If you are going to have the general public uploading files, I'd
suggest not allowing as many as 10 images per page - you are likely to
get timeout problems.  I'd suggest only 5 or even as few as 3 images
per page.

What I've found on my pages is that if users just take the picture off
their digital camera, it can be as big as 3mb or 4mb and if you're
uploading 10 of those you'll have 30mb-40mb being uploaded. that'll
take too long and either the pages will timeout or the users will
think nothing's happening and hit reload or go elsewhere.

On the other hand if the users are interntal users in an organisation,
so you can have a bit more control over what they do, you might get
away with 10 images on the page.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month