Hi Joel

This would no doubt cause some delay on your mail spool, I do recall that CF
used to have a limit of 40 on the cc/bcc fields but I think this was fixed
in version 5 upwards.

I guess you could test it and see what happens, say to a gmail account.

If you did go down the route of looping cfmail you could maybe cause a delay
between each occurance of the tag by using say a udf to cause a pause in the
code:

http://www.cflib.org/udf.cfm/sleep

Also be sure to keep your emails layout to a minimun  / not html heavy etc.

Sorry for the rushed response.

HTH Jose Diaz