No there isn't... The methodology should be the same, write a task, test it.
Does it pass all unit tests, no then find the problem. Does it pass all unit
tests. Yes then does it rely on something else to work? No then commit to
the repository.

This is more important in Team situations but regardless... Good practice is
good practice.

Yes then you always have the local history as I pointed out that Eclipse
also has without a repository..