If the bean counters want to quantify that, you might be well advised
to find some new bean counters. ; )  My opinion is that language
idioms are pretty simple, but core development concepts are quite
complex.  As such, I'd generally rather hire a developer with
experience building the types of applications I'm building in a
different language over a CF developer who is new to the arena I'm
building apps in.

Quantifying the relevance of the experience is what it's all about.
It's entirely possible that a newby with CS degree and no real-world
experience will be a better fit than an experienced senior developer.
They might take slightly more spinup time (specifically to learn the
language), but LOC is only one measure of productivity, and it's a
generally low-value one.

cheers,
barneyb