From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2007 12:38 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Errant Web-inf directories

> Any chance you could qualify your claims that re-compiling is
> faster than reading from the cached .class (even if there are
> 20k files in the folder).
>
> Even with a small cfm/function i'd be VERY suprised if this
> is the case. Perhaps you could enlighten me?

Other than telling you to try it for yourself and see, I can only say
that
this has been my experience. Obviously, the speed of the disk and other
hardware, the specific filesystem being used, etc, will all affect this.
In
my experience, any CF server with over 10k of compiled classes is almost
certainly going to be faster if you disable that option. I've seen some
with
many, many more files than that where the difference was obviously
noticeable without any formal testing.