kondo nugroho wrote:
> Most of the records are in Japanese, which is written into the database
> field (nvarchar) using windows default encoding.

no, cf5 doesn't know anything about encoding, it simply passed whatever data
you
add through to the db. your data is for sure mangled.

> Our problem is ... how to use this CF7 to get the query from those database
> (which was written by CF5)
> Because MX7 by default read the database using utf-8... while those database
> is written by CF5 using different encoding.

you can't. if you need to support both cf5 & cf7 then you'll need two different
databases. you'll first need to export all the cf5 mangled data using cfhttp
pages on the cf5 server & called from the cf7 server that would re-insert the
data as *real* unicode or Oğuz's xml trick, both amount to the same thing,
what
went in via cf5 has to come out via cf5.