While not answering the question of a desktop RSS client for Aaron, I would
like to add a "me too" to the conversation, Google Reader is my cup-of-tea.

I find the shortcut keys essential, so much so that I keep trying to hit "j"
when reading blogs on other sites to get to the next entry. I typically get
a few hundred of entries a day, many of which I can go next, next, next
right past, then star the deeper stories for later reading.

There's a "share" button on each story that kicks out a feed of its own
(mine is at:
http://www.google.com/reader/shared/user/06590123718657996201/state/com.google/broadcast).
You can find a little widget on my blog (http://www.dopefly.com/techblog/)
with my latest shared items. I like the idea of sharing what I find that's
cool, so there's fresh content on my blog even if I'm not writing anything.

Others have mentioned the Google Reader tools on the iGoogle homepage - I
use the "reader" panel and have a few individual RSS feeds directly in their
own pods. iGoogle is the first homepage I've used since yahoo circa 1996 - I
had about:blank until about a year ago.

Perhaps the most fun and obscure feature of Google Reader is the Wii
version. It makes reading my feeds simple and fun from the couch. This very
responsive interface has naturally easy controls, which I love.

--
nathan strutz
http://www.dopefly.com/