Yes I know that

I have been doing that but keep getting an error as shown below:

Connection verification failed for data source: bluecattledog

java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver available for bluecattledog,
please check the driver setting in resources file, error: null

The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver available
for bluecattledog, please check the driver setting in resources file, error:
null

I found the following information relating to this issue:

Follow the below steps:
1) Download the MySQL Connector J JDBC driver from
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j/
2) Make the JDBC driver available to CFMX through the classpath by saving
mysql-connector-java-3.0-bin.jar in either $CFMX_HOME/runtime/servers/lib/
for CFMX Server Configuration or $JRUN_HOME/servers/lib/ for CFMX on JRun
Configuration. This makes the driver available to all JRun server instances.

3)Restart CFMX server.

Now I don't have a folder called $CFMX_HOME/runtime/servers/lib
or $JRUN/HOME/servers/lib

So I have copied the file to the following places:

CFusionMX7>wwwroot>web-inf>lib              and also to  JRun4>servers>lib

And restarted CF server

Still waiting now to see what happens - was unable to connect to the JRun
server?

Regards