> I am having some trouble with the wsconfig utility.
> I have CF 7 installed on its built in websercer on p[ort 8300
> using the multi configuration setup. However I need it to be
> served up by apache 1.3.x which is on another server,
> seperate from the CF box - both Solaris unix servers. I tried
> the instructions below with no success. Somehow since Apache
> is not on the same server, it complains that it cannot find
> the directory as the Apache server is on another box.  How do
> I refer to another server using the instruction below???
>
> wsconfig -server servername -ws Apache -dir <apache config
> directory> - coldfusion -v

To set this up, you'd first need to install CF (or minimally wsconfig) on
the Apache box, then run wsconfig from there. You could then turn off CF on
that machine. This configuration is often called "distributed mode".

However, you might find it easier to use a proxy as Damien described.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/

This email has been processed by SmoothZap - www.smoothwall.net