- The timeout value that's set on the server directly

Was 20min, I upped it to 40, no change.

- The timeout value that you've set in your Application.cfm (if any)

It's longer. I do have a search for useragent string for spiders and crawlers
and knock them down to 1 second timeouts to preserve memory, but code hasn't
changed from previous server and was never an issue before. I'm going to revise
that code and see if it does anything.

- This could also be related to network problems. Are you on a network where IP
changes often?

No, and it is not only me. Some customers say suddenly their cart will be empty
sometimes. Clearly they lost their session.

- Are you using cookieless session tracking? (that can get tricky...)

Cookies.

I'm clutching at straws here, but was wondering if something to do with vps
perhaps and losing the domain/cookie? (And dns propagated 2 weeks ago.)

Thanks for any ideas.