There is no real good encryption you can use.  You can use a symmetric key
encryption algorithm to encrypt the data before inserting it into sql, and then
decrypt when recalling the data, but you will have to keep the encryption key
in the code somewhere, or read it from some source.  Either way, if the
attacker gets access to the code, he will be able to decrypt all your data.   I
guess it provides protection sort of the way security through obscurity
provides protection.

Russ