You need to load test, whatever your application / technology. If you don't,
whatever you use is gonna be finger in the air and hope.

As for simultaneous requests, I would very much doubt that you will have
that number of users executing a thread at the same time if end client is
Flash.

What server specs do you have? I would assume you are *not* running just a
single web server and SQL DB here

You still have a lot of work to do to find load and correct balance and the
fact you are still even considering another technology for deployment tells
me you are either way off going live or have no idea just how much work is
required.

Can ColdFusion handle high load? Yes, easily. Can it handle scale? Yes, but
like any app, ASP.NET alike you need to plan an infrastructure around it.

"This e-mail is from Reed Exhibitions (Gateway House, 28 The Quadrant,
Richmond, Surrey, TW9 1DN, United Kingdom), a division of Reed Business,
Registered in England, Number 678540.  It contains information which is
confidential and may also be privileged.  It is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s).  If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note
that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the
information in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have
received this communication in error please return it to the sender or call
our switchboard on +44 (0) 20 89107910.  The opinions expressed within this
communication are not necessarily those expressed by Reed Exhibitions."
Visit our website at http://www.reedexpo.com