From: Dinner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, June 10, 2007 3:28 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: AJAX Libraries

On 6/10/07 Neil (RX) wrote:
> What's wrong with your keyboard?  Seems to have poste in "nonsense street
> mode"

(-:

Whoops!  It's the latest language for FCKEditor... musta left it on... amazing
how it integrates with gmail, neh?

Translated, the gist is that dojo has some built-in stuff for handling a
couple of the more troublesome aspects of "AJAX"; the back button,
bookmarks, and, I know they can all do this, but: you can design so
that the "super-dooper web 2.0" app works with javascript turned off
too.

Heck, it's all just JS, but I've had good cross-browser results with dojo,
and the tag-based option makes it freakishly easy for even non js, non
cf, all-I-know-is-html types to pick up and whip out great stuff with.

Obviously a fan-boi, but I've wanked with quite a bit of them and I'm
just enamored with dojo, it's AOP, and the breadth of things covered.

All optionally included, lazy loaded, etc., etc., etc.. just great stuff.
(There is some crazy development happening, too. Amazing things!)

Freakishly cool, especially as you start doing AOP, RIA, etc..
WOO-Dr.Who!

Not un-biased, but not un-experienced either, so- eh- there it is.

D and d, sitting in a tree, K I S S i n g!

-ps if you're curious, get dojo, and take a look in the tests/ directory.
Tons of great stuff.  I'm sad most the old demos are missing from
the new dojo site... it's silly... not for me, but for noobs, fer sure...