There was a Coldfusion Express very limited by Allaire did provide it.

You know thinking about it, what would the chances of Coldfusion becoming
plugin based? With that I mean that the Enterprise version does not change.
But the standard version minus all parts that contain paid licenses, be open
up as being free to use with no restrictions in production.

Then there could be a license fee to use parts / modules that are needed for
that application to work.

But the developer also remain the same, with maybe an increases to 10 IP
address limitation or something for a development environment with multiple
developers.

I know thinking out aloud.

Andrew Scott
Senior Coldfusion Developer