Just because it is being migrated from one version of CF to another does not
always mean it is being completely rewritten.  I know there are a lot of
sites here, probably well in the hundreds, that have code written for back
in the CF 4.x days but run on CFMX 6.1 and even some on CFMX 7 servers. The
moving of that code from the CF5 boxes and doing any fixes for misc errors
that happened netted more than sufficient performance increases to just
leave things alone at that point.

I would wait for CF8 as well, dunno if I would go the CF7 with subscriptions
to upgrade route since more times than not when I do something like that the
software never ends up having new versions until after my subscriptions
expire.

--
Aaron Rouse
http://www.happyhacker.com/