The easiest way is to set up a default value for that field in your
database, so it gets automatically inserted when you create a new
record.

SQL Server? MySQL? Something else?
If sql server, you would put getDate() as the default value for that
field. This will automatically insert the current datetime into that
field whenever a new record is created.

If you want to insert it yourself, you can set it into the db when you
save the other fields.

Something like
<cfquery>
insert into db
(title, body, uploadDate)
VALUES
('#title#','#body#',#createODBCDateTime(now())#)
</cfquery>

(of course ,you should use cfqueryparam for the title and body fields,
but I am too lazy to type them).

Jerry