On 7/16/07, Brian Yager <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have a client that wants a fairly simple website.  I REALLY want to use
> CFdynamics but I am not going to tell him it's $50/month just for CFFILE.
> So...If you all can direct me to who you use, I will gladly look at them and
> give you the referal.

I have sites hosted with CFDynamics (BACFUG), HostMySite (several),
GoDaddy (TICA-MP) and CrystalTech (scazu).

GoDaddy is exactly what you'd expect for a rack 'em high, sell 'em
cheap service (i.e., useless unless you know exactly what you are
doing and have fairly minimal needs).

CFDynamics is new to me and I was not thrilled with how they handled
the changeover from the previous UG manager to me, nor how they set up
a DSN (or failed to). We'll see how they do long term.

HostMySite has always been very good to me. I've used their shared
Linux plan for a good long while and was very happy with it in general
- and their support is excellent. I have a number of sites running
there, mostly on shared hosting but a couple are on VPS. My site is
now using their VPS CF Linux plan and that is really, really good. My
site gets overrun with traffic every now and then - badly behaved
spiders and heavy spam attacks - but it's easy to restart the VPS and
be back in business (the traffic patterns are why they took me off the
shared plan).

CrystalTech is OK but I'm not exactly thrilled with them. They haven't
screwed up but they're not stellar either. The Scazu site was on their
"semi-dedicated" plan but it was slow and it was down more than I
liked so we switched to a standard shared plan (much cheaper) and it's
actually been better than the semi-dedicated plan.

I've also had very good dealings with EDGE Web Hosting (so far just a
bid process - but if their service post-purchase is even half as
professional as their service pre-purchase, they'll be great to work
with!).
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN

-- Margaret Atwood