I've been working with FB recently, and what I wish I could do is create
functions like we do fuseactions, and be able to use them in the
includes.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Fill [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2007 11:26 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Model Glue - Fusebox - Mach II ...... Looking for Opinions

I am looking for several opinions on all these frameworks and any
others.  Currently we are trying to figure out which one(s) we need to
focus on evaluating so start a plan to port our current system into a
framework.  Our current system is basically a ton of cfincludes with the
data access display and business logic all wrapped together.  We would
like to of course standardize the way new parts of the application are
built so all three developers are writing virtually the same type code.
The application is HUGE with a lot of reporting, I would say that
virtually 70% of the application is reporting.  Many of these reports
are driven from one time use queries - basically queries that cannot be
reused in other places.

One concern is that a framework might add too much overhead to the
application because of the use of XML files etc.  The only framework any
of the three has worked with is Fusebox(2 thru 5).

It is acknowledged that we really should start using a framework but we
just don't know which one is going to scale the best for us and makes
the most sense.

As a side note - we do not have time to really "play" with all the
frameworks to see which one we like the best - that just not possible.

Thanks

Jason