I assume you logged bugs for all this, right? ;)

So I haven't tried this - but the docs for CF8, which you can download
from labs btw and try this out yourself, talk about how there are
there are new variables available in cfdocumentitem based on
sections.. I'd say it should should work fine, but again, download
from labs and give it a try.