Using the list function with CSV files can be an issue since the List
stuff in CF doesn't recognize a blank column. So Something,,, only
returns 1 element.

The other thing is that excel does weird things with CSV files also.
There is a really nice java library called Ostermiller

http://ostermiller.org/utils/ExcelCSV.html

That has a great CSV reader that I have had no trouble getting it to
properly parse any CSV you throw at it.

J.J.