Yes, all my values were null, and for some reason one of the values passed
showed more null values than what should have been there. So I changed all the
variable names used in cfgrid tag.  Now I don't get any error messages, but I
don't get anything at all.  Its just an empty grid.  I ran the query in mysql
directly with the values passed from the form, and I get 388 rows returned.  I
ran the page with query attribute in cfgrid instead of bind attribute and I get
the right result (except that my header is all screwed up, but I will deal with
it later.). But I don't get any result back with bind attribute, and no errors
in the logs or in the AJAX debug window.  I don't even see the query execution
in regular cfdebug output either (but i guess thats because of the way bind
calls my query).

I have attached my code for both the query function and the display function.
Please take a look and tell what is it that I am doing wrong. I don't see
anything wrong.

code for query

============================
<cffunction name="get2" access="remote" returntype="struct" hint="Query
database based on user input">
        <cfargument name="lib_id" type="numeric" default="0" required="false">
                <cfargument name="e_val" type="numeric" default="0.009999"
required="false">
                <cfargument name="b_db" type="string" default=""
required="false">
        <cfargument name="seq_name" type="string" default="" required="false">
                <cfargument name="seq_desc" type="string" default=""
required="false">
                <cfargument name="organism" type="string" default=""
required="false">
                <cfargument name="page" type="numeric" required="yes">
        <cfargument name="pageSize" type="numeric" required="yes">
        <cfargument name="gridsortcolumn" type="string" required="no"
default="">
        <cfargument name="gridsortdir" type="string" required="no" default="">

                <cfset dbLen = listLen(b_db)>
                <cfset orCount = 0>

                <cfquery name="q" datasource="#application.dsn#">
                        SELECT  distinct
                                        s.sequenceName,
                                        s.sequenceId,
                                        s.sequenceLen,
                                        b.blastDb,
                                        h.hitDef,
                                        h.hitAccession,
                                        h.hitIdentification,
                                        hs.hspEvalue,
                                        (hs.hspPositive/hs.hspAlignLen)*100 as
'perPositive',
                                        (hs.hspIdentity/hs.hspAlignLen)*100 as
'perIdentity',
                                        hs.hspAlignLen,
                    hs.hspBitScore
                        FROM    library l
                                inner join
                                        sequenceInfo s on l.libraryId =
s.libraryId
                                inner join
                                        blast b on s.sequenceId = b.sequenceId
                                inner join
                                        hit h on b.blastId = h.blastId
                                inner join
                                        hsp hs on h.hitId = hs.hitId
                        WHERE   hs.hspEvalue <= #e_val#
                                and b.orf = 0
                                and s.deleted = 0
                and hs.tophitFlag = 1
                                <cfif libraryId>
                                        and l.libraryId = #lib_id#
                                </cfif>
                                <cfif blastDb.length()>
                                        and (
                                        <cfloop index="idx" list="#b_db#">
                                                <cfset orCount = orCount + 1>
                                                b.blastDb = <cfqueryparam
cfsqltype="cf_sql_varchar" value="#idx#">
                                                <cfif orCount lt dbLen>or</cfif>
                                        </cfloop>
                                        )
                                </cfif>
                                <cfif seq_desc.length()>
                                        and h.hitDef like '%#seq_desc#%'
                                </cfif>
                                <cfif seq_name.length()>
                                        and s.sequenceName like '%#seq_name#%'
                </cfif>

                        <cfif ARGUMENTS.gridsortcolumn NEQ ""
                                        and ARGUMENTS.gridsortdir NEQ "">
                                        ORDER BY #ARGUMENTS.gridsortcolumn#
#ARGUMENTS.gridsortdir#
                                </cfif>

                </cfquery>

                <cfreturn QueryConvertForGrid(q,
                     ARGUMENTS.page,
                     ARGUMENTS.pageSize)>
        </cffunction>

code for display function..

====================================

<cffunction name="displaySearchResult" returntype="string" hint="Display Basic
search result">
                <cfargument name="lib_id" type="numeric" default="0"
required="false">
                <cfargument name="e_val" type="numeric" default="0.009999"
required="false">
                <cfargument name="b_db" type="string" default=""
required="false">
                <cfargument name="seq_name" type="string" default=""
required="false">
                <cfargument name="seq_desc" type="string" default=""
required="false">
                <cfargument name="organism" type="string" default=""
required="false">

<cfoutput>
                    <cfform>
                    <cfgrid format="html"
                                width="1024"
                            pageSize="35"
                            name="sResult"
                            colheaderbold="yes"
                            bind="cfc:search.get2({lib_id},
                                                   {e_val},
                                                   {b_db},
                                                   {seq_name},
                                                   {seq_desc},
                                                   (organism},
                                                   {cfgridpage},
                                                   {cfgridpagesize},
                                                   {cfgridsortcolumn},
                                                   {cfgridsortdirection})"
                            height="500" striperows="yes"
striperowcolor="##EEEEE6">

                        <cfgridcolumn name="sequenceName" header="Seq. Name">
                        <cfgridcolumn name="sequenceId" header="Seq. Id">
                        <cfgridcolumn name="sequenceLen" header="Seq. Len">
                        <cfgridcolumn name="blastDb" header="Blast DB">
                        <cfgridcolumn name="hitDef" header="Hit Def">
                        <cfgridcolumn name="hitAccession" header="Hit
Accession">
                        <cfgridcolumn name="hitIdentification" header="Hit
Identity">
                        <cfgridcolumn name="hspEvalue" header="Evalue">
                        <cfgridcolumn name="perPositive" header="Positive">
                        <cfgridcolumn name="perIdentity" header="Identity">
                                                <cfgridcolumn
name="hspAlignLen" header="Match Len">
                        <cfgridcolumn name="hspBitScore" header="Bit Score">

                    </cfgrid>
                </cfform>
                        </cfoutput>

                <cfreturn "">