OK....that's better ;-)

You are still selecting designerID from items and designers tables....just
select it from one table and not both (or as I said before...alias one or both
of them).

I can only guess (if the query is actually running) that it is getting confused
between those 2 columns with the same name and you're getting some unexpected
weirdness.

What if you use CFDUMP to dump the query....do you see the correct data then?

HTH

Cheers

Bryan Stevenson B.Comm.
VP & Director of E-Commerce Development
Electric Edge Systems Group Inc.
phone: 250.480.0642
fax: 250.480.1264
cell: 250.920.8830
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
web: www.electricedgesystems.com

Notice:
This message, including any attachments, is confidential and may contain
information that is privileged or exempt from disclosure. It is intended
only for the person to whom it is addressed unless expressly authorized
otherwise by the sender. If you are not an authorized recipient, please
notify the sender immediately and permanently destroy all copies of this
message and attachments.