> What's weird is this happens on three different VMWare
> machines running on the same server as the db (this is in a
> dev environment). I do know that the host machine, which also
> runs the db, was upgraded to
> SP2 for Windows 2003 server. Other CF boxes (eg developer
> machines) and MSSQL tools can connect fine, but not any of
> the virtual machines.

Can you connect to any other service on the host machine from the VM? Can
you see the database port as open from the VM using telnet or a port
scanner? Which virtual network adapter are you using, vlance or vmxnet? Can
you connect to services on other VMs or physical servers from the affected
VMs? What does your vmware.log file have to say?

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/