I'm for storing them in a table. I suppose that if you wanted to allow
"guest" shopping, you could assign a temporary user id (some UUID) and store
it on their machine as a cookie, and then use that as a key in the "cart"
table. That's just a thought off the top of my head, so there could be some
issues that I've not thought about, but it seems like a solid idea.

Chris