Hi Joel,

The only pointer that I can think of is using the query array syntax (
queryname.columnname[rownumber] ) where you specify the row number of the
column you want to access.  But I am not sure how much efficiency you would
gain (if any) by looping through your resultset that way.

CFLOOP is suposed to be faster than CFOUTPUT but generally my recordsets are
not big enough for me to "feel" a measurable difference.

as for whether the query data is stored internally in CF in a binary tree I
wouldn't have a clue.  I do know that the row number is indexed, you can see
that if you cfdump your query so accessing a columns data using the row
index should be fast.

--
Gary Gilbert
http://www.garyrgilbert.com/blog