>Hope I'm not just spreading FUD, but I suspect that's not possible.  On
>W2K3, the only way to get a mapped drive letter is to run CF  under a login
>session - i.e., login to the server, map the drive, then start CF as a
>console app.  I'd presume XP would be the same.
>
>Jaime Metcher

Thanks to both of you for the reply.  I didn't try associating the mapped drive
with the account associated with the CF service.  However, given that the
Samba-based solution seems to work fine, and people seem to speak highly of
Samba's reliability, I see no reason to change it.  But I might try it just to
see if it'll work, given that it would simplify the setup process if I could
just use the share folders that VMWare configures out of the box.

Ben