On 10/6/07, Dawson, Michael <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >It does take some discipline to develop this way, but it is the best an
> easiest way. get rid of dreamweaver and move to CFEclipse as I said you
> will not look back.
>
> Not to get too off-topic, but I did look back.  In fact, I went back to
> DW after a few months with Eclipse.  I used only CFE on my work PC and
> my laptop for three months.  I worked locally, and I worked via FTP.  I
> edited HTML and CFM files.  I had no problem with the project mentality.
> It was no different than using sites in DW.

You should setup your variables. as variables.$${VarName}  then all you need
to do is add the  var name and enter.

 I've run across many of these same issues but tend to think eclipse is just
going to be what we need to use as developers going forward. I've been using
it for about a month now and while I would like for certain things to work
as they did in DW, I find my overall my productivity has not varied.

It's going to be something else though when I actually need to slice up a
design template. I've just been writing code lately but the first from
scratch site I need to develop is going to be a sure sign of things to come
with eclipse.

I think this is where I'm willing to take a performance hit, getting away
with the design view, tables, and non css layout techniques I've used in the
past for the more accepted div and css layouts which are more work but
cleaner in the end.

Eclipse was not initially built as a web development platform but now that
more web developers start using it as their platform of choice, the platform
will get better. Then you have the additional things to consider with Flex,
AIR and LifeCycle to think about...