Thanks for the feedback, J.J.

Here's what I currently do...

1.  Backup -- I currently have a production server here at my
studio in my home, hosting my own sites.  I'm in the process of
moving things over to a new VPS at AHPHosting with CF 8.
For backup, I do two things... one, which is a type of versioning,
is to simply save the entire folder with all assets, code, etc.,
with a date appended and then continue working on the project.
That gives me a backup to move back to in case something goes wrong
with the current project and is just too much to undo.  Also,
I have true backup of all project files/data to my FTP server.
Which also, sends a copy of backed up files to my web server for
redundancy.  So I have 3 copies of everything at all times on different
computers.

2. Versioning -- while I would like more granular versioning, appending
the date/time to a complete project folder provides a type of versioning.
What I would really like is to be able to undo a particular action while
leaving other, perhaps later changes, intact.  Say, I've made 10 changes.
I'd like to go back to change 4 and revert that, but leave 5-10 untouched.
That would be really helpful.  Anything like that in Subversion?

3.  Brand and tagging -- seems like what I do works similarly.  If something
is wrong with the deployed project.  I just correct that (on the server...).
Then back to work on updates on the development box.

4.  Deployment of latest version -- copy the latest completed version to the
server and overwrite the files.

How would Subversion improve upon that?

I use Homesite 5.5, btw....

Rick