I hate adding my 2 cents to the same age old debates but here goes...

It's a matter of preference.  Users, surfing... don't notice too much that
one page works great and another doesn't, or that a webmaster had pulled
every last hair out of his/her head (or anywhere else) trying to get a web
site to look the same for every browser.

As developers and designers, we notice the differences the most, and to the
developers of these browsers, they could probably care less.

IE, while not everyone's most favorite, actually does tolerate developers
more. It allows for errors. Figures out what you were most likely trying to do.

Netscape doesn't allow for that as much. But if you do exactly what it had
intended, then it could very well work better than IE.

For me personally, I choose IE... just for the little things... like
putting a "Height" tag in my tables, and for using "document.image" almost
universally, instead of having to make sure I list all the layers it may be
in for Netscape.

Now then, that all said...  you'll notice I didn't mention a version once.
It's always the same. It always comes down to the same thing. Especially
since, if read back in this thread about 10 messages or so... none mention
the version numbers either :)

Stuart Duncan
MaracasMeda Inc.