I totally agree. I like to put code in stored procs for organisational
reasons more than performance ones in most cases.

However, I was recently updating a site that used dynamic SQL to generate
some reports and the performance of this was becoming a huge issue. The
logic was so complicated that approximately 1MB of SQL code was being sent
to the SQL server (cfqueries within cfloops of other queries) - eek!

In this instance I chose to rewrite the SQL from scratch (bad code was the
biggest flaw) and also put each report into a stored procedure. The
performance was an issue and the boost was huge.

Dominic