Cutter (CFRelated) wrote:
> Back when I was doing Corporate Support with a regional ISP (4.5 days)
> we used to do this with .inc files (which were included via cfinclude)
> within a home rolled CMS. We also did it with an Article manager for an
> online magazine using .art file extensions. We were on IIS at the time,
> so it was a matter of telling IIS that the CF server was to parse files
> with those extensions.

Nowadays it is a 2 step process. Not only do you have to tell IIS to
send it to JRun, you also have to tell JRun to send it to the CfmServlet
(or the FileServlet, or ...). That is why you need the aditional mapping
in web.xml.

> Not sure I would try it with a standard file type like .txt or .ini
> though. That could create some confusion...

I typically have a dozen or so extra mappings: .log, .svn, .vss, .ini,
..properties, /CFIDE/adminapi etc. But I have them all mapped to the
CFForbiddenServlet and don't really care about confusion.

Jochem