I recently gave a presentation on this at my local CFUG. Here are my
presentation files:

http://www.colderfusion.com/presentations.cfm -- look at Sept 2007

It's a real nice breakdown of the various techniques used in CF OOP
programming. It's not a definitive CF OOP resource, but it should at least get
you started down the right track. It starts with a simple CFC which many of us
have seen before and it morphs this CFC into something truly object-oriented
and reusable over a series of 5 steps. It should be much more understandable
than the Transfer documentation. :)

Jake Pilgrim