You might also download the litepost application from Google Code. It is
a fairly simple blogging application, written in Model-Glue, Mach-II and
Fusebox, all using the same modeling components. Not well documented,
but good code read. Also incorporates ColdSpring. This is more about
utilizing frameworks, but it does show how a well written model can be
utilized with any framework (including your own).

http://code.google.com/p/litepost/

Steve "Cutter" Blades
Adobe Certified Professional
Advanced Macromedia ColdFusion MX 7 Developer
http://blog.cutterscrossing.com