Will,

>We recently upgraded our server to CF8.
>
>We have a number of clients who use emailing tools to send out emails to
>opt
>in lists. One of these clients did a mailout last week to a couple of
>lists,
>and it would appear that the emails all went at least twice to every member
>of the list. The code has run perfectly on CF7 for a couple of years, so
>I'm
>pretty sure it's not a code issue.

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss a code problem. I've seen a lot of code in
my time that once "worked" that stopped working on an upgrade. It could be
the use of a depreciated function or tag, or simply code that worked due to
issues in the CF engine at the time--but which shouldn't have run.

Also, I believe I remember reading CF8 changed some behavior of nested
<cfoutput>/<cfloop> tags in CF8, but I can't recall exactly what I read.

Finally, I will say don't overlook the obvious. If a user clicks on a
link/button multiple times, unless your script explicitly prevents the
behavior, the server will process the request multiple times. This is the
most common cause of "duplicates" that I've seen.

-Dan