Are you sure? I do not believe this is the case. If so - wouldn't it
return the same SCORE value for every result? Also, the docs mention
that the <MANY> keyword can be used...

"Counts the density of words, stemmed variations, or phrases in a
document and produces a relevance-ranked score for retrieved documents.
Use with the following operators:"

This is from page 504 of the Dev Guide.

As it stands - the default Simple type does indeed use MANY (page
488), so it should indeed rank by # of matches.

Also - the # of entries shouldn't be the only rule by which to set
score. Take HTML for example. If document A had my search term in 3
<h1> tags, and document B had it 4 times in <p> tags, I'd consider the
<h1> tags to be "weightier".

Also - to the user asking about title searches - you CAN do this. You
use the field cf_title. This is described on page 506 of the dev
guide.

On Dec 10, 2007 9:15 PM, James Wolfe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In Verity, you CAN search within the "customX" fields as well as all other
> fields (category, author, etc...).
>
> Verity is, however, mostly useless unless you are trying to find exact
> matches. The ranking engine in verity is the equivalent of the "FindNoCase"
> function in CF. It will return a T/F. Thats it. There is no ranking in Verity
> based on the NUMBER of times your search term was matched (or anything else
> useful such as "<h1>" or "<title>").

Raymond Camden, Camden Media

Email    : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Blog      : www.coldfusionjedi.com